Social media has changed how businesses engage with consumers. Crowdsourcing, Social Media Examiner defines it as the act of outsourcing tasks traditionally performed by an employee or contractor to an undefined, large group of people or community through an open call.
Crowdsourcing makes corporate-consumer relationships closer than before and can turn consumers into brand advocates by getting them involved and engaged. Now, with the numerous numbers of people engaging in social media, information, sometimes groundless rumors can spread out so quickly and widely. Therefore, how companies use crowdsourcing is important for their branding.
Here are three ways to benefit from social media crowdsourcing.
1. Ask for feedback
- Create a program that turns the act of collecting and reacting feedback into a marketing campaign of activation and engagement
- Ask fans when or why they first had a need for your product or service
Example-My Starbuck Idea
2. Create contest and giveaways
- Consider implementing trivia promotions
- Capture contact information for participants
- Be sure the platform you choose has all the social media sharing tools
- Get people talking
3. Poll or survey your fans
- Structure an active conversation on a topic that you encourage; consumers love to give their opinion!
- Anticipate what’s coming next
Utilizing crowdsourcing efficiently can get a company ahead of the game. Perhaps, some companies are already so behind if they have not engaged in crowdsourcing.